September 4, 2011

Madison County Fair

A week or two ago we went with Amy (Mike's youngest sister) and her friend Hannah to the Madison County fair, it was fun to see all the animals that the kids had been working so hard all year with for 4H. There were even quite a few choices (probably about 10) for the food court. So we were definitely living BIG, fair style. (please note my sarcasm in that last comment)

 
They started the rodeo off right with getting all the kids (12 and under I think) together to chase a calf around to pull money off that was taped or tied to it. We got a good laugh out of it. 

There's the calf! He'd better run! One of the calves was quite distressed and tried running through the fence. Silly calf.


I was happily enjoying my frozen strawberry lemonade and watching the festivities when I noticed two little eyes watching me. I think he wanted me to share. We were trying to be sneaky and get a picture of him ogling my treat but he was camera shy.


Yes, this is a Shetland pony and yes - it was very funny watching it try to run and watching the little girl try to get it to run.

Okay family, remember that penguin movie we used to rent from Grandma Campbell's? The Three Amigo's or something? This little boy and pony reminds me of the little boy riding the burro in one of the segments. Way funny! (Sorry it's blurry - believe it or not this is the best one we took. Our camera was getting all confused trying to guess what I wanted it to zoom in on).


So probably the best part about small town rodeos is that they let everyone participate. By the end of the night we were beginning to think that probably the worst part about a small town rodeo is that they let everyone participate. It was a long night.  But it was fun to see some of the little girls try to get their BIG horses through the barrels. You can kind of tell in this very blurry picture that her feet are no where near the stirrups! She was getting frustrated and the horse was pretty content just to stare at the barrel so her daddy came out to help her. She did a great job.

No comments:

Post a Comment